Here are 4 more reasons to love hummus:
- It's super satisfying and kills sugar cravings by helping balance your blood sugar.
- Hummus offers you a great source of protein and “good” fat
- It's an incredible source of calcium (from the tahini),
- It contains cholesterol-lowering fiber.
- 3-4 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 (15 oz) can of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp hemp or extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp tahini (look for it in the same area as the nut butter at your grocery store)
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/2 cup water if needed.
- Optional: a few sundried tomatoes, fresh basil &/or toasted cumin + sesame seeds
Place all the ingredients (excluding water) together in a food processor or high power blender and blend until fully combined. Add water if necessary to desired thickness. Cut up a bunch of colourful veggies or enjoy with some high fibre, gluten-free crackers!