- Made by industrious manuka honeybees, our beeswax has a sweet, natural fragrance all its own.
- Beeswax acts as an excellent antimicrobial emollient in moisturizers and balms providing skin protective action of the non-occlusive type.
- It helps to bestow a lovely thick consistency in formulations and also has excellent water repellent properties.
- A cream colored vegetable fat that is extracted from cocoa beans during the process of separating the powder and liquor from the bean.
- It has a soft, sweet chocolatey aroma and is one of the most stable fats known.
- It has been used to heal and moisturize skin that has been exposed to the elements as well as help reduce the formation of stretch marks during pregnancy by keeping the skin supple.
- Cocoa butter contains natural antioxidants that prevent rancidity.
- We just love cocoa butter and you can learn even more about it in our Blog Post on Cacao!
- Not just confined to kitchen cupboards, pots and frying pans, ghee is a staple in the Ayurvedic world of skincare where it is considered to have time-tested ropana, or ‘mending’ qualities.
- Massaging it on your face is deeply therapeutic in combating acute dryness and for strengthen aging skin.
- Even more importantly, the ancient Sushruta Samhita (Sanskrit) text claims ghee is the ultimate overall remedy for chronic inflammation and pitta (inflammatory) problems.
- Rich in vitamins and fatty acids, shea butter deeply penetrates the epidermis and leaves a smooth, satiny finish. It is a great moisturizing agent and can be used as a treatment for minor skin wounds and irritations.
Vegepax (Vegetable Wax)
- (Caprylic/capric triglyceride, glyceryl stearate, coco-caprylate/caprate, dicaprylyl ether, sodium olivoyl glutamate, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol)
- Vegepax is naturally derived from a mixture of esters, fatty alcohols and olive oil derived emulsifier. All ingredients used are accepted by Ecocert regulations.